Tech Lead Data Science (m/f)
Applied Data Science Engineer
We are looking for a fulltime Applied Data Science Engineer (m/f) to reinforce our data science team at seatris.com - a restaurant assistance and AI solution - based in Berlin, Germany.
- Communicative and Collaborative
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Driven, pragmatic, with action bias and can-do attitude
- A data science buff, who loves numbers and data and the mechanics of machine intelligence
- Ready to take on a responsible task in an early AI startup with lots of pivot-points ahead
- Master or Bachelor with equivalent experience in Computer Science or equivalent technical fields
- Strong SQL (Postgres, MySQL, etc.) and No-SQL (MongoDB, etc.) skills, including writing complex queries and performance tuning
- 3+ years of experience working with large data sets using open source technologies such as Tensorflow, Spark, Kafka, Docker, ElasticSearch all on AWS
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity of early-stage scouting and evaluation of new opportunitie s and the flexibility to change direction as additional information becomes available
- Experience in developing and productizing real-world AI/ML applications such as allocation and utilization optimization, prediction, personalization, recommendation, content understanding and NLP
- Strong scientific and technical acumen, with demonstrated interest and ability to make connections between science/technology and real-world concerns
Nice to have:
- A real passion for good food, maybe even have worked in the food industry before!
- Leadership and networking skills
- Experience with booking platforms
- Experience with data visualisation (D3 etc.)
You will be:
- Design and run experiments and interpret the resulting insights to help create our restaurant autopilot and assistance features
- Work closely with product managers to understand and deliver on needs of customers from a data science perspective
- Creatively solve technical challenges, both algorithmic and architectural
- Help to build and define our vision of productization of machine learning
- Write concise code and sensible tests, especially in python and all things data-focused
- Assist in the design of large-scale systems that keep things running smoothly
You should be able to work in our Berlin office in Germany. Working languages are German and English. All concepts, tickets, meetings, and coding is done in English of course, most legal documents are bi-lingual.
As we genuinely care about fair and enjoyable work conditions and a better world for everybody and every species we signed the https://copenhagenletter.org/ to express our attitude, it is important to us that you share our spirit.
We are an open-minded, women-friendly and international team with an up-and-coming product, rock-solid financing, a worldwide client base, located in the heart of the European digital epicenter.
International candidates must qualify for the EU Blue Card or study at a European university.
We heartily welcome you to Berlin and Seatris.
Martina Schlager, COO Seatris GmbH
Applications to email@example.com
Should You Apply?
Please include a link to your LinkedIn Page, public GitHub or repo of choice.