Tech Lead Backend (m/f)
RoR/Elixir Backend Development
We are looking for a fulltime senior Ruby on Rails test-driven backend developer to reinforce our developer team at seatris.com - a restaurant assistance and AI solution based in Berlin, Germany.
You should be a senior expert in Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, code quality assurance with Airbrake and Codeship, Kanban & continuous development, Git/Github, Ember and AWS-production, API integration for payment, billing and many other functionalities.
Your assignment will be:
- You design, develop and maintain our platform based on Ruby on Rails
- You lead, mentor and recruit a team of top developers
- You dedicate yourself to building scalable architecture as well as hands-on coding
- You work along with graphic designers, product managers and the engineers, making sure the entire product is developed in a collaborative, efficient and lean way
- You contribute your own ideas and work closely with product but also other units if needed
- You are part of and significantly contribute to the overall success of the engineering team and the company as a whole
- You stay on top of industry trends and help evangelize our brand among the tech world
Experience in cloud production, global services, cross-device publishing platforms, payment, ticketing, and booking-systems is of advantage. A love for feature driven development, a passion for performance optimization, and a good understanding of machine learning will help too.
What to bring to this job:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other IT-related fields (e.g Business Informatics)
- 6+ years experience in the Internet/start-up industry
- 6+ years of experience in Engineering
- Previous experience with building b2b products is a strong plus
- True passion for tech and extensive experience with Ruby on Rails
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English
- Ability to keep the big picture while diving into the technical details
- Deep familiarity with agile methodologies and principles of lean development
- Mindset and ability to work/communicate in a fast-paced environment
- You should be able to work in our Berlin office in Germany.
- Working languages are German and English. All concepts, tickets, meetings, and coding is done in English of course.
- Take over a key role in our technology department and the potential to head a great ambitious and skilled team
- Participation in technology conferences, workshops, meet-ups and user-groups
- The opportunity to play the key role in designing a next generation business tool and data driven AI-based solution
- Environment that embraces freedom and autonomy and values team spirit and open communication
- Competitive salary package with potential participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
You should be able to work in our Berlin office in Germany. Working languages are German and English. All concepts, tickets, meetings, and coding are done in English of course, most legal documents are bi-lingual.
As we genuinely care about fair and enjoyable work conditions and a better world for everybody and every species we signed the https://copenhagenletter.org/ to express our attitude, it is important to us that you share our spirit. More over we have very agreeable policies for work from home flexibility and a very flexible work schedule (core working time, trusted working time).
We are an open-minded, women- and parent-friendly, international team with an up-and-coming product, rock-solid financing, a worldwide client base, located in the heart of the European digital epicenter.
International candidates must have a valid working permit or qualify for the EU Blue Card or study at a European university.
We heartily welcome you to Berlin and Seatris.
Martina Schlager, COO Seatris GmbH
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should You Apply?
Please include a link to your LinkedIn Page, public GitHub or repo of choice.