Senior RoR/Elixir Backend Development
We are looking for a full-time backend Elixir / Ruby on Rails developer to reinforce our team at Seatris.ai - a restaurant assistance and AI solution based in Berlin, Germany.
Do you love building working software? Are you skilled at communicating? Do you have excellent self-management skills? Are you concerned with creating value? Do you love to learn? Whether you are a junior or senior developer or somewhere in between, if you answered yes, then you might be the teammate we need.
The ideal candidate is self-driven, team-oriented, passionate about web technologies and industry best practices, and has experience in designing complex micro-service architectures using Ruby on Rails and Elixir.
# You are:
- Communicative and Collaborative
- Driven, pragmatic, with action bias and can-do attitude
# You have:
- 5 years experience working with browsers (JS, APIs, HTM L, CSS, etc.)
- Proficiency in Ruby (+3 Years)
- Experience in Elixir
- Experience developing complex b2b applications with Rails
- Experience working with Phoenix
- Experience working in a large codebase
- Experience with Testing, CI, REST(fullness), Jira and Confluence
- Experience writing unit and acceptance tests
- Understanding of best practices for web development and software design
- General software engineering knowledge (data structures, OOP, functional programming, and the like)
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and empathy for the end user
- Experience in cloud production, global services, cross-device publishing platforms, payment, ticketing, and booking-systems is of advantage. A love for feature driven development, a passion for performance optimization, and a good understanding of usability will help too.
# You will be:
- Implementing micro-services for new or existing features
- Defining APIs
- Maintaining and optimizing our application
- Collaborating on product design strategies
- Working independently or with other engineers to develop clean, elegant, and performant user experiences using industry best practices.
- Collaborating with frontend developers, backend engineers and internal stakeholders to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Assisting in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participating in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Ensuring that our growing customer base reach success
You should be able to work in our Berlin office in Germany. Working languages are German and English. All concepts, tickets, meetings, and coding are done in English, most legal documents are bi-lingual.
As we genuinely care about fair and enjoyable work conditions and a better world for everybody and every species we signed the https://copenhagenletter.org/ to express our attitude, it is important to us that you share our spirit. More over we have very agreeable policies for work from home flexibility and a very flexible work schedule (core working time, trusted working time).
We are an open-minded, women- and parent-friendly, international team with an up-and-coming product, rock-solid financing, a worldwide client base, located in the heart of the European digital epicenter.
International candidates must have a valid working permit or qualify for the EU Blue Card or study at a European university.
We heartily welcome you to Berlin and Seatris.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a link to your LinkedIn Page, public GitHub or repo of choice.